To: People involved in the Proposed Communication for Development Asscoiation dialogue Re: A few initial notes re using the coordination and communication platform at http://networks.comminit.com/c4dassociation/
As part of the partnership between The CI and UNICEF re support to you all for the consideration and possible development of a global, membership based C4D Association, The CI will develop and support the online platform processes. What you see at present is just the initial part of that process.
Below are a few insights/tips re how to use http://networks.comminit.com/c4dassociation/ But please do explore - you can not break it!
- Please note that home page is called Dashboard - mouse-over the icon 2nd left at top and click
- You can see who is in this group at present (others invited) - mouse-over the Members icon and click
- Some people registering have submitted short profiles - click on a member name to open
- You can control your own account - click on your username top left and then click on Account Settings
- Whilst in Account Settings please (a) click on the Personal and Professional Information tabs to update your profiles and (b) click on Picture to upload the image you want associated with yourself
- To contribute overall thoughts - Click Create Content/General Forum entry
- You can comment on specific themes - choose from the bock right-side at http://networks.comminit.com/c4dassociation/ - eg under Themes there is one created for "Peer Review Journal on Communication for Development themes" - Click - Add a Topic or open an existing Topic and Comment. Using this approach we get "threads"
- To contribute/share any relevant Events - Click Create Content/New Event
- For all posts you can reply to other people's comments - again so that we have threads
There is much other functionality. I will add some how-tos as we move forward. But it is good to just explore this platform - it is not possible to break it!
Plus please note that all of the comments process is email enabled - you can reply by email - no need to access.
Thanks - just the very beginnings - please send me any queries or questions using the comments process (by email or open Read More link below and enter in Comments)
Best wishes - Warren
Warren Feek Executive Director The Communication Initiative
http://www.comminit.com Twitter: https://twitter.com/warrencomminit Facebook: The Communication Initiative Network http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Communication-Initiative-Network/344005148956579 LinkedIn: Warren Feek
Skype: Warren Feek Office - 1–250-658-6372 Mobile 1-250-588-8795 Fax 1-250-658-1728